Welcome to the future, where you can order food from your mobile device, cast your phone screen to your TV screen, and have an instantaneous face-to-face conversation with someone on the other side of the world. As our reliance on online connectivity grows, so does the need for faster internet access. That’s where Hyper-Gig Internet comes in.
Multi-gig internet, or hyper-gig internet, is a network connection with speeds greater than 1 gigabit. This high-speed connection allows for less buffering while streaming and efficient download and upload speeds. Multi-gig internet also allows multiple devices to connect to one multi-gig router for easier and faster online access from any smart device in the home. AT&T Fiber is a multi-gig internet provider offering up Hyper-Gig speeds for those seeking these speed perks in their home.
Is multi-gig fiber internet even possible?
Multi-Gig is definitely possible and AT&T offers up to 5 Gigs of high-speed internet. The AT&T hyper-gig internet family offers up 1 GIG, 2-GIG, and 5-GIG internet plans, giving you options on how fast you want your smart home to run.
|Is 2 GIG internet fast?
– 2-GIG equal upload and download speeds†
– Super fast speed for evolving at-home workplace demands
– 65% faster download speeds than cable1
– 57x faster upload speeds than cable2
|Is 5 GIG internet even faster?
– 5-GIG equal upload and download speeds†
– Build content, go live, and influence faster than before
– 3.9x faster download speeds than cable3
– 134x faster upload speeds than cable4
† Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds to the home and recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. For 5-GIG Speed, single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more information, go to www.att.com/speed101.
(1) Comparison of Internet 2000 wired download speed to cable 1.2 GIG download speed. (2) Comparison of Internet 2000 wired upload speed to cable 1 GIG and 1.2 GIG service w/ upload speed of 35 Mbps. For more info go to www.att.com/speed101. (3) Comparison of Internet 5000 wired download speed to cable 1.2 GIG download speed. (4) Comparison of Internet 5000 wired upload speed to cable 1 GIG and 1.2 GIG service w/ upload speed of 35 Mbps. For more info go to www.att.com/speed101.
Do you need multi-gig internet?
Not all homes are created equal; therefore, one’s connectivity needs vary from household to household. So who is multi-gig internet for? Every house can use a high-speed internet connection, but super-connected smart homes will benefit most from a multi-gigabit internet connection.
The full power of multi-gig internet really helps work-from-home employees and at-home learning children. Multi-gig internet for gaming improves the experience and performance of online gaming for elite gamers. Simply put, if you want the best online experience, from working to gaming and everything in between, a multi-gig internet connection should do the trick.
Multi-gig internet—the future is now
Gone are the days of dial-up and waiting hours to download a song or a movie. Multi-gig internet has made instant gratification possible through high-speeGone are the days of dial-up and waiting hours to download a song or a movie. Multi-gig internet has made instant gratification possible through high-speed download and upload speeds, giving those who need things fast the speed they’re looking for. And while multi-gig internet isn’t available everywhere just yet, it’s slowly becoming the norm across the country. AT&T, for example, has taken multi-gigabit internet to heart, offering up not one but three Hyper-Gig speed options (1, 2, and 5-Gigs).