If you don’t post about college on Instagram, did you even go?
The leaves change color, the air gets cooler, and your pre-college anxiety has you checking every Instagram hashtag known to man to scope out what your new school is really like. If it’s post-worthy, then it’s got to be just as great in person . . . right?
Whether your school of choice lives up to the hype or not, Instagram gives you a pretty good idea of what to expect—even down to football tailgates and popular campus events.
But before you dive too deep into college-campus-stalking mode, rest easy knowing that our team at All Home Connections did some digging for you. Think your college is the most Instagrammable in your state? Check out the map below to see if you’re right.
We used the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System to find all qualifying universities with more than 7,000 enrolled full-time students in the fall 2017 semester. We then looked at the most popular hashtags for each school to determine which college campuses are the most Instagram-worthy.
Nothing prepares you for college like a whole list of (mostly useless) information. If there’s a lull in conversation, whip one of these bad boys out of your pocket. You’ll make friends in no time.
- The most popular hashtag overall is #rolltide for the University of Alabama. Nearly 60% of its 33,000+ students have at least one #rolltide post. ‘Cuz nothing says school and state pride than ‘Bama football.
- The University of Southern California and the University of Florida both offer Masters programs in social media. No wonder their students are so active on IG.
- Ohio State University is the largest college that made our list with 52,057 students enrolled in fall 2017.
- The smallest college is Murray State University in Kentucky with only 7,118 students enrolled in fall 2017.
- Four of the 51 schools’ most popular hashtags reference their mascots. Unsurprisingly, they all have powerhouse athletic programs:
- #rolltide – The University of Alabama
- #gobeavs – Oregon State University
- #boomersooner – University of Oklahoma
- #fightingirish – University of Notre Dame
- All the universities we looked at are older than Instagram, and seven are the oldest college in their state (some even older than the United States itself!):
- Yale, founded in 1701
- University of Delaware, founded in 1743
- University of Hawaii at Manoa, founded in 1907
- Harvard, founded in 1636
- Princeton, founded in 1746
- Brown, founded in 1764
- University of Wyoming, founded in 1886
About All Home Connections:
Reporters can email questions to email@example.com
All Home Connections, an authorized AT&T retailer.