From Love, Victor to The Mandalorian, some of the most popular shows from the past five years have starred Latino actors. In 2021 alone, on-screen representation of Latino characters increased to nearly 10% across linear and streaming platforms—that’s a 4% increase from 2020.
With Hispanic Heritage Month starting September 15, the team at All Home Connections wanted to celebrate the influx of popular Latino-led TV shows by finding which Latino-led series each state is googling the most.
Every State’s Most Searched Latino-Led TV Series
Findings That Are Muy Interesante
- Marvel’s Moon Knight was searched the most by nine states, making it the second most searched in the most amount of states.
- Fox’s Our Kind of People was the third most searched show in the most states—seven states searched for it the most.
- Selena Gomez is a lead actor and executive producer for Hulu’s hit series, Only Murders in the Building. When the show was nominated for the Outstanding Comedy Series Emmy in 2022, Gomez became the first Latina to receive an Emmy nomination for a comedy series that she also stars in.
- The Queen’s Gambit was nominated for 18 Emmys in 2021—including an acting nomination for Latina lead Anya Taylor-Joy.
- For her portrayal of Blanca Rodriguez-Evangelista, Pose’s Michaela Jaé “MJ” Rodriguez was the first transgender woman to receive an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. She went on to win the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Drama.
To find our data, we first consulted publications like People, Ranker, and PopSugar to find the rising Latino stars in Hollywood. Once we had a list of popular Latino actors, we listed the TV series that these actors have starred in since 2020.
We then used SemRush, a leading online marketing platform, to determine the volume search for each TV series. After figuring out the 15 most searched shows, we used Google Trends to determine which shows were being searched the most in each state.
All Home Connections is an authorized AT&T retailer.
For media inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org