- The Highest Earning 2000s Songs on TikTok
- Stats About TikTok Earnings
- Your State’s Most Searched 2000s Song
- Interesting Findings
Of all of the trends that have gone viral on TikTok, one of the most enduring ones is the revival of our favorite songs from the 2000s. From “Umbrella” to “Gimme More,” TikTok has brought back many classic 2000s songs through viral challenges, dance routines, and lip syncs.
This trend made the team at All Home Connections wonder: What popular 2000s songs on TikTok have earned the most money on Spotify?
Stats About TikTok Earnings
- “Mr. Brightside” is the highest earning TikTok throwback song, bringing in an estimated $1,364,621 from Spotify streams.
- In 2021, “Mr. Brightside” set a record for being the UK’s longest-running chart hit after spending five years in the UK’s top 100—despite the fact that the song didn’t even make it on the charts when it was first released in 2003.
- With estimated earnings of $1,069,880, “Without Me” by Eminem is the second highest earning 2000s song on TikTok.
- The song, one of Eminem’s most successful singles, reached number two on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, and number one in 15 countries.
- “How to Save a Life” by The Fray is the third highest earning TikTok song from the 2000s, with an estimated earning of $852,826.
- “How to Save a Life” is also the third most searched 2000s song in four states.
- The song, which is The Fray’s biggest hit single to date, became the joint seventh longest charting single on the Billboard Hot 100, at 58 consecutive weeks.
- Out of the top ten highest earning 2000s songs on TikTok, only three were released by female artists: “Umbrella” by Rihanna, “Paper Planes” by M.I.A and “Gimme More” by Britney Spears.
The Most Searched 2000s Song in Your State
- “Umbrella” by Rihanna is the most searched 2000s song in the most states, with nine states searching for it most.
- “Umbrella” is also the fourth highest earning 2000s song on TikTok, earning roughly $833,553 due to its popularity on the platform.
- The song has won eight awards—including a Grammy Award—and was ranked number one on a list of the 10 Best Singles of 2007 by Entertainment Weekly.
- As the most searched song in six states, “Cupid’s Chokehold” by Gym Class Heroes is the second most searched 2000s song in the most states.
- With estimated earnings of $302,251, “Cupid’s Chokehold” is the tenth highest earning 2,000s song on TikTok.
- The song peaked at number four on the Billboard Hot 100 when it was released in 2005 and number one on the Billboard Mainstream Top 40 radio chart.
- “How to Save a Life” by The Fray, “Day ‘n’ Nite” by Kid Cudi, and “Smile” by Lily Allen tied for third most searched 2000s song per state, with each song being searched most by four states.
To get our stats, we first compiled a list of the 153 most popular 2000s songs on TikTok based on data gathered from TikTok (songs that reached one billion views) and Spotify. We then plugged the songs into SemRush to find the 15 songs with the highest monthly search volume. Finally, we used Google Trends to determine which song was searched for most in each state over the past year.
All Home Connections is an authorized AT&T retailer.
Reporters can email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.