For nearly 30 years, Jennifer Lopez has been a fixture in American culture. Although she’s done everything from music to producing to directing, many of us love J.Lo for her star turns in several classic rom-coms.
J.Lo rose to fame in 1997, when she played the titular role in Selena, but her rom-com career didn’t start until 2001 when she played opposite Matthew McConaughey in The Wedding Planner. Since then, she has starred in 10 rom-coms, with her 11th romantic feature, Shotgun Wedding, due out this year. With her newest movie on the way, the team at All Home Connections decided to find the most searched J.Lo rom-com in each state.
Each State’s Most Googled J.Lo Rom-Com
To find each state’s most searched J.Lo rom-com, we first gathered a list of J.Lo’s rom-coms using IMDb and excluding movies where she is not the lead role. From there, we used SEMrush to find the search volume for each movie. Finally, we used Google Trends to determine which movie is searched the most in each state.
- Out of Sight was the most Googled rom-com in 18 states, making it the most searched movie in the most states.
- The second most searched movie in the most states is Monster-in-Law, with 11 states Googling it the most.
- Marry Me, which came out in early 2022, was the most searched in six states.
- J.Lo’s new movie Shotgun Wedding was searched the most in four states, making it the fourth most searched J.Lo rom-com in the most states.
Most Successful J.Lo Rom-Coms, Ranked
After finding the most searched J.Lo rom-com in each state, we decided to rank each rom-com based on their overall success rates. To generate a ranking system (1–10, with 1 as the best and 10 as the worst), we considered five variables and assigned each rom-com a value according to their importance:
- IMDb Fans’ Score (50%): The IMDb fans’ score for each of the 10 rom-coms.
- Tomatometer (15%): The Rotten Tomatoes ‘Tomatometer’ is a score calculated by reviews of approved critics.
- Global Gross (15%): The amount that each movie grossed worldwide.
- Audience Score (10%): Calculated from ratings submitted to Rotten Tomatoes by users.
- Search Volume (10%): The search volume of each movie calculated by SEMrush.
Once we identified the most important variables, we calculated a score for each film based on the weighted values shown above.
From our ranking system, we determined that Shall We Dance? (2004) is the most successful J.Lo movie. The 2004 film has the best scores on IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes, and it also generated the highest gross.
Most Searched J.Lo Rom-Com per State
|Alaska||The Back-Up Plan|
|Arizona||Out of Sight|
|California||Out of Sight|
|Colorado||Out of Sight|
|Connecticut||Out of Sight|
|Florida||Out of Sight|
|Idaho||Shall We Dance?|
|Indiana||Out of Sight|
|Maine||The Wedding Planner|
|Michigan||Out of Sight|
|Minnesota||Out of Sight|
|Mississippi||Out of Sight|
|Missouri||The Wedding Planner|
|Montana||What to Expect When You're Expecting|
|New Jersey||Out of Sight|
|New Mexico||Maid in Manhattan|
|New York||Out of Sight|
|North Carolina||Out of Sight|
|North Dakota||Second Act|
|Oregon||Out of Sight|
|Pennsylvania||Out of Sight|
|South Carolina||Out of Sight|
|Tennessee||Out of Sight|
|Virginia||Out of Sight|
|Washington||Out of Sight|
|West Virginia||What to Expect When You're Expecting|
Who We Are
We are All Home Connections, an authorized AT&T retailer.
For media inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org